Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze

So... because I am in love with my new Bundt pan,
and because I am a fan of anything pumpkin,
and because my boyfriend is on the other side of the country,
and because I apparently didn't recieve enough sweet goodies for Valentines Day,
and because I haven't baked anything in like three days...

I decided that I needed to make a Pumpkin Bundt Cake!





Here is my wonderful Bundt pan! Every time I use it I am amazed at how well the cakes come out!

Okay, let's make that cake!



Start by combining the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl.



I used a combination of pumpkin pie spice and Penzey's Cake Spice.
You could just use pumpkin pie spice, but I love the Cake Spice. It is sweet, and spicy, and it smells absolutely delicious!

Go ahead... smell it!




Alright, now combine the butter and sugar in the mixer.


Beat for 2 minutes


While you are waiting, you can take pictures of your cute dog! Hi Molly!




 Okay, add the eggs now.
Beat until the batter is smooth and yellow.






Now, slowly add the pumpkin. 
(The recipe calls for 1 cup, but mine is obviously a heaping cupful!)



The batter looks super weird, and orange at this point. Do not be discouraged! Carry on!


Add half of the flour mixture, the milk, and then the other half of the flour.



Spread the batter into the wonderful bundt pan that has been greased and floured.

Bake for 45-55 minutes

Let cool for 10 minutes


(While you are waiting, you may make the glaze. I apparently forgot to document this step.)
Drizzle glaze over the warm cake




Yummmmm... that looks delicious!

But, just to make it a little more indulgent, I added toasted pecans to the top.


Yum!



Yum!


Yummy!


Recipe Time!

Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp Penzeys Cake Spice
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 Tbs milk
Toasted pecans


Preheat oven to 350.

Grease and flour bundt pan.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.

In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and sugar. Beat for 2 minutes.

Add eggs, beat until the batter is smooth and yellow.

Slowly add pumpkin to the mixture.

Add half of the flour mixture, the milk, and then the rest of the flour mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.

Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, invert cake onto cooling rack.

To make the glaze: combine ingredients in a small bowl. Add milk or powdered sugar to get the desired consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Top with toasted pecans.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment